Complete Amazon Marketing System

Saturday 2 March 2013

Sepia Saturday 166 - vintage postcard of steam packet ship Araguaya

Well, it looks like I have not posted on this blog for over a month now. Not quite sure how that happened, maybe I have spent too much time on my vintage magazines blog and my In Search of Space blog, so am making a mental note to do better here. I have no shortage of vintage postcards to share, just it would seem a shortage of time.

So, this week's Sepia Saturday theme of boxes is a tricky one. I've searched long and hard but can't find anything on theme, so I have stretched the theme a little (and perhaps somewhat tenuously). The vintage postcard below is of a Steam packet ship, and I'm afraid that this sort of packet is as close as I can get to a box.

Vintage postcard of the Royal Mail Steam Packet ship, Araguaya
Vintage postcard of the Royal Mail Steam Packet ship, Araguaya

    

As usual, 100's more vintage postcards can be found on my web site

7 comments:

  1. In any case it's great to see you. I really enjoy seeing ships too! Nice postcard to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely there were boxes in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A quick search for "Packet ship, Araguaya" gave a site showing its ports of call in 1908, from Southampton for Buenos Aires. In 1923 after the war it kept to a shorter route between Southampton and Bermuda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sepia enough for me. I think that the sort of ship I'd like to travel on - organised entertainment limited to mopping the decks in the morning, shuffleboard in the afternoon and the remote possibility of dinner at the captain's table in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that postcard worth a packet? Liked the link to a box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can stretch the theme as much as you want - as long as we get an old photograph and a few words. The ship looks so different to the overgrown cruise ships of today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very droll - packet - box - I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails