Complete Amazon Marketing System

Friday 23 November 2012

Postcard Friendship Friday 143 - Garden of Sleep, Cromer

It's been several months since I posted for Postcard Friendship Friday as I used to work from home on a Friday but now seem to be in London most weeks instead. However, as I've had this week off on annual leave, I have managed to find a few minutes to participate. Living in the UK, I don't have anything relating to Thanksgiving to share (other than my best wishes for all you folks stateside) but I have picked up several interesting vintage postcards recently, of which this is just one. I guess the Garden of Sleep is quite a sombre theme, but at the same time the postcard feels slightly uplifting and offering peace.

The writing on the reverse of the postcard is very feint, but I can just about make out that it was sent to France, and that the sender spent today in the Garden of Sleep listening to the sea.


Garden of Sleep, Cromer, Norfolk, published by Valentine, c.1909.


100's more vintage postcards on my web site

2 comments:

  1. It looks such a lonely place out there on the cliff. The story of the church and tower is interesting, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if sleep here is a euphemism for death?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails