Complete Amazon Marketing System

Saturday 7 July 2012

Postcard Friendship Friday 123 - Friends

I'm a bit late this week with my submission to Postcard Friendship Friday as I've been travelling with work and only just returned from India this morning. An enjoyable trip but not quite as exotic as it might first sound as it was mainly a short business trip, but fun nevertheless. However when I saw this week's postcard, I instantly knew the vintage postcard I would share ... seems to fit quite nicely with Beth's postcard and her thoughts about friendship. The postcard dates back to 1909 and the verse reads ...

Friends are treasures, old or new,
Priceless if they are only true,
Those who have them bear in mind,
In this world they're hard to find.

If new friends are silver, old friends are gold, c.1909

As usual, many more vintage postcards can be found on my web site

    

3 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable post card! Better late then never!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! What a wonderful postcard--it is just perfect. I'm so glad you returned home safely to post this postcard.

    It is amazing that these pieces of printed artwork have lasted so long. Can you imagine? This postcard you posted is over 100 years old. Wow! And such a lovely picture.

    Thank you, and happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sentiments are valid regardless the age of the card.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails