Complete Amazon Marketing System

Saturday 30 June 2012

Sepia Saturday 130 - Leamington Spa

The only thing I could find in my collection of goodies which vaguely fitted in with the prompts for this week's Sepia Saturday was a vintage postcard of rabbits playing badmington, which I have already blogged back in 2010, so instead I am going off theme this week. I have chosen somewhere that I think I have driven past rather than through, so my only real experience of the place in through my vintage postcards. The town is Leamington Spa in Warwickshire. Looking at the postcards this morning has added Leamington to my ever increasing list of places to visit. It's definitely possible as a day trip from where we live, just need to find some time.

 Royal Pump Rooms, Lower Parade, Leamington Spa, c.1952

Pump Room and Parade from above Victoria Bridge, Leamington Spa, c.1948

Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa, c.1908

Jephson Temple, Leamington Spa, c.1915

More vintage postcards of Warwickshire can be found on my web site

    

10 comments:

  1. That's the trouble with looking at postcards and photos -- my bucket list of day-trips and vacations keeps growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my aunts and uncles used to live at Leamington Spa but I never got to visit them there. Good to see what it once looked like at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a wonderful place to visit! So old and lots to explore.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well we could do a link of sorts. John Betjeman wrote a poem about tennis (on my post this week) and he also wrote ‘Death in Leamington’. Bit contrived? Yes I thought so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Betjeman is also a firm favourite of mine ... I'll have to check out your post this evening.

      Delete
  5. I'm sure Leamington had some tennis courts.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to Leamington Spa either, but it looks like a nice elegant place to have afternoon tea, visit some museums and have a stroll in the gardens :-) Find the time (you're nearer than me) and report back, please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The park looks like a lovely place to take a stroll. Nice postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this does look like an enchanting place indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been but it looks a nice place to "take the waters".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails