Complete Amazon Marketing System

Saturday 10 March 2012

Sepia Saturday 116 - Hair

Whilst I don't think I can quite compete with some of the incredible beards shown for this week's Sepia Saturday, I do have a few Carte de Visite, showing ernest young men with various facial hair ... here are a selection.

Carte de Visite, published by Edmund Baker, 207 Bristol Street, Birmingham

Carte de Visite, published by B.D.Howard, 23 Broad Street, Ludlow

Carte de Visite, published by Davy, Stonehouse, Devon

As usual 100's of vintage postcards and Carte de Visite on my web site ... and I'm also no on Pinterest

    

12 comments:

  1. I love the handsome young man in his jaunty straw hat.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take bachelor number one! The last gent looks quite charming...but that hat would make me want to laugh at him, although for the day he was quite dapper I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, I like the variety of facial hair styles..

    ReplyDelete
  4. CDVs seem to be a good source for beards at least.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That guy in the last one kind of looks like a rascal. Nice postcards!

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep running across that first guy (or look-a-likes) on these blogs - the parted hair with the flips on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Kathy -- #3 looks like he might have swindled people out of their money. He was probably very smooth with the ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a nice selection. The first one is my favorite. I haven't many men wearing hats in old portraits. I wonder why the last man is wearing one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, it's number three for me; his whiskers accentuate a finely chiselled chin, with a dimple. Lucky Nelly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Number one is my favourite too - he has intriguing eyes - but would have to lose the face fuzz :-) You did better than me on this week's theme - I could only find a couple of measly moustaches! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know why, but the first one makes me think of a neighbors saying about him, "He was such a quite young man. Never heard a peep out of him. I can't believe he did what they're saying he did."

    ReplyDelete
  12. A splendid set of tonsorial gents, and yet another lost uncle too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails