Complete Amazon Marketing System

Saturday 28 January 2012

Sepia Saturday 110 - Theatre

From Alan's submission for this week's Sepia Saturday I have selected Theatre. I couldn't decide which of my theatre vintage postcards to share to decided on a few of them. My favourite is probably the Greek Theatre at Bradfiled College, in Berkshire, which is not too far away from where I live, although I've never been there. I did see an open air Shakespeare production once at the Pangbourne theatre, where rain stopped play half-way through and the play had to contunie indoors.

Cliftonville, Cliff Theatre and Ethelbert Terrace

Bradfield College, the Greek Theatre
Dartington Hall, Open Air Theatre


As usual 100's more vintage postcards on my web site

    

10 comments:

  1. I see why you like the Greek theater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realised there were so many open air theatres. With the unpredicatability of the weather I wonder why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love outdoor open air theatres! This is a great post, I'm sure your other ones would have been cool too, but these are very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The open air theatre to beat them all is at Minack in Cornwall. Check it out on wikipedia. You need to be brave to sit out in the elements there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Minack. We have a picture of that before they started charging entrance just to peer over the cliff side and watch them rehearsing. It looked like a scene from Poldark.

      Delete
  5. I am surprised that there are so many open air theaters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've really enjoyed seeing Shakespeare plays outdoors, but there is always the threat of bad weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of the best outdoor theaters are designed with incredible acoustics that allow an actor to whisper and yet be heard from the back rows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the open air ampitheater seatings...something special about watchig a performance outside...Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the photos that you chose for this post.

    Take care,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails