Complete Amazon Marketing System

Friday 18 November 2011

Fisher Studies, Shrimpers, vintage postcard, c.1911

It's been a few weeks now since I posted on Postcard Friendship Friday. I certainly can't stay 'on theme' as I have no Thanksgiving postcards. In the UK it's not something we celebrate, but I was fortunate enough to be in New York for my 40th birthday back in 2005, where we celebrated with a traditional Thanksgiving meal in the The Tavern on the Green, just off Central Park.

My vintage postcard today is one I picked up a few months ago which until today had nestled at the bottom of a rather large pile on unprocessed postcards. It's published by Raphael Tuck in the Fisher Studies series, and features Shrimpers.

Vintage postcard of Shrimpers, published by Raphael Tuck, c.1911

As usual, 100's more vintage postcards can be seen on my web site, including some recent additions

    

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card - although I can't imagine wearing those outfits out in the ocean!

    Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh - A Tuck collectible! It looks like it's based on a photograph, or perhaps an 'altered' photo. Regardless, it's a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Tucks cards. What a wonderful postcard! Just so you know--you don't have to stick to the theme I choose. I'm glad you feel free to choose postcards you love and share them. That's what PFF is all about!

    Happy PFF--and thank you for sharing this amazing postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card. Just thinking behind the picture. In order to have made enough money to feed their families how many baskets would they have had to had collected?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails