Complete Amazon Marketing System

Friday 8 July 2011

Sepia Saturday 82: Engine Number 1

Trying to stay on theme this week for Sepia Saturday was quite a challenge. Ideally I would have liked to have been able to choose from a huge collection of vintage railway postcards, but don't have very many at all in my collection. I did find this one however, which although not of a station building, is train related.

Engine No 1, Darlington Station

More vintage postcards can be found on my web site

    

9 comments:

  1. I live 14 miles from Darlington station which I've used many times. This engine used to be a familiar sight until they moved it to a separate museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Darlington station a few times. It is a particularly fine station. I never saw this engine though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting little engine and a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. It seems to come from a period when there was a great demand for "local" postcards, and cards would be published of every local park, statue, or historical exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed a vintage engine. Very appropriate. We have a railway museum in our county. They give train rides and have dinner and robbery enactments on a regular basis.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mention of Darlington always reminds me of my old O level history and the Stockton Darlington railway, and Stephenson's engine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A postcard to send when you wanted to complain about the slow train?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best thing about railway stations is usually above you; this card shows the epic sweep of it's huge roof. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails