Complete Amazon Marketing System

Friday 22 July 2011

Postcard Friendship Friday 73

Once again we seem to have quite a hectic weekend planned, so unfortunately not much time to devote to blogging today. I certainly have nothing rodent related to match the original Postcard Friendship Friday post, so instead have chosen something from my collection which I've always meant to share but don't think I've ever got around to doing so. The postcard was written in 1903 and the sender had so much to write that not only have they filled the back of the postcard but have also written all over the violets on the front. I don't have a scan of the back of the card, but it ends with the words "Are they missing me at home", so maybe from someone gone into household or military service? It's not been posted and I think judging from the message was included in an envelope with other letters.

Vintage postcard of Violets, c.1903

As usual, 100's more vintage postcards on my web site

4 comments:

  1. Pretty and interesting card. Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vintage postcard somewhat has its unique look. I like it.

    Visiting from PFF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find this card exquisitely beautiful. The violets, of course, are lovely, but the writing adds a poignant aspect to it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails