Complete Amazon Marketing System

Saturday 25 June 2011

Margate Sands in Summer

Although not mandatrory to keep on theme for this week's Postcard Friendship Friday, I couldn't resist sharing my only vintage postcard with the word 'Summer' in the caption. The postcard is of Margate in Kent, and the caption simply reads, 'Margate Sands in Summer'. The postcard  is unused so I have no idea about date - I would guess late 1940's or early 1950's, judgiung by the formal atire - they could have almost come straight from church. But what a crowded beach! Not sure I would have liked to have to been squeezed in there. Although I suspect back in those days there was no trouble and everyone was polite and courteous to each other. No loud radios playing and no annoying mobile phone ringtones. My favourite part of the postcard is the man walking, head down, away from the scene ... I wonder what his story is? I suspect he's had enough and is going to try and find somewhere quieter to go.

Margate Sands in Summer

    


More vintage postcards on my web site

3 comments:

  1. It does look crowded, no wonder that chap is wandering away. I couldn’t enlarge it to look at the detail; am I doing something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Little Nell - thanks for the comment. When I click on the image it opens and makes it marginally bigger, but not much. Maybe I reduced the original size a bit too much. Will have a play around later this evening and see if I can fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's crowded really! °_°
    But believe me when I say I never found someone not polite there, when I was there :-)
    It's so lovely, people seem all so nice and respecting each other *.*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails