Complete Amazon Marketing System

Sunday 1 May 2011

A selection of recently acquired artist drawn vintage postcards

I've just acquired another batch of vintage postcards to 'process'. I think I still have a bit of a backlog with the previous batch but there were a few in this latest find which I knew I'd have to share sooner rather than later. Other than the fact that the postcards are all artist drawn, there's no connection or theme. Each postcard has its own appeal, but I think may favourite one is probably the last one, Edinburgh Castle, and in particular the muted colours. I am however struggling with the name of the artist ... it looks like Raeburh but I can't be sure ... does anyone know?

Ightham Mote, Kent (published by J.Salmon from an original watercolour by Essenhigh Corke)
High Bridge, Lincoln (published by J.W.Ruddock from an original water-colour drawing by the artist C.W.Martyn)
Edinburgh Castle from the Grassmarket (by the artist A.Raeburh ???)
As always, 100's more vintage postcards and vintage magazines can be found on my web site

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could help you with the name, but I don't know :-S
    They're so beautiful, I'm always so happy when you post something new :-) Well... Vintage, actually ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raeburn is a Scottish name, and there was a famous Scottish artist, Henry Raeburn (1756 - 1823)but he was mainly a portrait painter. I took a similar photo of Edinburgh Castle a couple of weeks ago from the Grassmarket :-) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures. I know that second view so well. I did my teacher training in Lincoln and lived there with my family on two subsequent occasions. And Igtham Mote is the setting for one of my favourite novels, Anya Seton's Green Darkness. Looking at this view I can easily see why she chose it to tell her ghostly tale. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails