Complete Amazon Marketing System

Thursday 2 December 2010

Sepia Saturday - the letter 'W', vintage postcard from 1906

My Sepia Saturday post for this week is brought to you by the letter 'W'. Sorry, couldn't resisit that. This is a very curious vintage postcard which I first assumed was just trees, but the more I looked into it, the more I realised it was most likely in fact some sort of letter card, in this case the letter 'W'. I could of course be imagining this, but given that the postcard was sent by someone called Willie, I'm pretty sure it is in fact a 'W'. The postcard was published by Rotary and dates back to May 1906.


As always, 100's more vintage postcards on my web site, and if you're feeling at all festive then take a look at my vintage postcard advent calendar

9 comments:

  1. I'm trying to make out what the thing is in the fork at the bottom of the tree on the right. Is it clearer on the actual card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the calendar works! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Bob - that's really spooky. When I look at the postcard using the naked eye it looks like there's some sort of pac-man/gremlin figure nestling in the tree fork. However, when I look through the magnifying glass it's just a bunch of leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look very much like a W card, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful and interesting how they have incorporated the letter W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't we seen some other letter postcards on Sepia Saturday posts? Was it here? (I can't remember what letter, though.)
    I think this one is really unusual - lady with a horn, children in the background.... And those trees - lopped off on the top but still living. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love these old tinted postcards! And I agree that it is definitely a W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a W - for Wicked!

    ReplyDelete
  9. why do i feel like i'm watching SESAME STREET?
    interesting card though.
    :)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails