Complete Amazon Marketing System

Sunday 29 August 2010

Artist drawn vintage postcards of India

Hello again all. Well it's been over 2 weeks since my last proper blog update as I've been on the west coast of France on holiday. I did manage to "recycle" two old blog postings in my absence but having now unpacked and prized the bikes from the roof and back of the car, I'm now ready for a new update. Today's theme is India. I must admit I did think that I'd blogged about vintage postcards of India before, but on searching through my previous entries all I could find was the one on Tiger Hunting. All those I've included below are artist drawn, ofter from artists I've never come across elsewhere, e.g. W.Poole and F.G.Paxbury.

I think the two of Kashmir by F.G.Paxbury are probably my favourite of the batch, although the colours on all of them are stunning.

The Glen, Simla, India, by the artist W.Poole, published by Thacker, Spink & Co.

Jakko from Prospect, Simla, India, by the artist W.Poole, published by Thacker, Spink & Co.

Temple at Annandale, Simla, India, by the artist W.Poole, published by Thacker, Spink & Co.

Kashmir, the Tuckt of Sunaman, by the artist F.G.Paxbury, published by Raphael Tuck, number 7089.

Kashmir, the Lidder Valley, by the artist F.G.Paxbury, published by Raphael Tuck, number 7089.

A Bridge in Kashmir, by the artist Myers, published by the Zenith Press.

The Residency, Lucknow, India, oilette published by Raphael Tuck, number 7236.


As always, postcards like these are 100's of others can be found on my vintage postcards web site

2 comments:

  1. These are incredibly beautiful--thank you for sharing them with us! I had never heard of this artist before--the postcards are exquisite.

    Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are fantastic. Wow. Wow. Wow. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails