Complete Amazon Marketing System

Saturday 2 January 2010

Vintage postcards by W.A.Call, Monmouth Studio

Firstly, a Happy New Year to all my followers. My first blog of the New Year concerns a postcard publisher who, I don't come across very often, but when I advertise them on ebay they sell like hot cakes. These vintage postcards are published in The "CAMBRIA" Series, from photographs by W.A.Call, The County Studio, Monmouth. Initially I thought these cards were restricted to Monmouthshire and the nearby counties of Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, etc., but I have recently found one from Somerset. The ones I've found so far are all of church, abbey and cathedral interiors. To be honest these are not spectacular postcards to look at in the way that say a Raphael Tuck oilette or a Hildesheimer artist drawn postcard are, and in fact they remind me slightly of bland Judges postcards. However, as with most things in life, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and if these particular typeof vintage postcards are your passion then enjoy the handful that I've posted below.

Carhampton Church, Somerset

Newland Church, near Coleford, Gloucestershire

Skenfrith Church, Monmouthshire

Gloucester Cathedral, detail of the roof transept, north transept

Tintern Abbey, South Window, Monmouthshire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails