Complete Amazon Marketing System

Monday 18 January 2010

Vintage birthday greeting postcards


Today's vintage postcard selection is vintage birthday greeting postcards. I have 10's I could choose from but thought this selection showcased the topic quite well.

The postcard on the left contains the generic birthday greeting "Many Happy Returns" with a short verse. There's no published name and it's postally unused so am not sure of the date.

The card in the middle bears the greeting "To My Dear Son", again with a verse. The publisher is Philco and it is in the "Glossy Series", number 2097/22. The stamp box has a slogan which reads "Invest in Government Securities" ... not sure if such a thing exists anymore, sounds a bit like an oxymoron to me.

The postcard on the right is another generic birthday postcard, bearing the greeting "A Birthday Greeting", again with a short verse. It was published by Wildt and Kray, series 2981. It's postally used with a green 1/2d George V stamp, but I can't make out the year. The greeting reads "Dear Emily, Just a PC wishing you many happy returns of the day. Hope you will live to see a great many more, with best love from Bert xx".

These ones are in my pile of postcards yet to get listed on my web site, but hopefully should be uploaded this week. In the meantime I have lots of other vintage postcards for sale

PS. If you like the content of these blog postings then why not follow or subsrcibe to it. I can't promise to post every day, but a handful of times per week should be the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails