Complete Amazon Marketing System

Thursday 24 December 2009

Vintage Postcards of Happy Valley

I'm not sure I've ever been to a place called "Happy Valley". It almost sounds as though it belongs inside some sort of theme park. Of course the Monkeys sang about "Pleasant Valley Sunday", but again it always sounded somewhat fictional, even if perhaps an accurate relection of mid-60's suburban pleasantry. However, I have come across vintage postcards of Happy Valley, and what's more, there are several different Happy Valleys.

Happy Valley from Great Orme, Llandudno, Wales, c.1964

Happy Valley, Malvern, c.1957

Happy Valley, Westcliff-on-Sea

Happy Valley, Tunbridge Wells, c.1912

I'm very sure there are tens of other Happy Valleys out there, just waiting for me to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails