Complete Amazon Marketing System

Monday 14 December 2009

Linen vintage postcards of the USA

I generally only tend to collect postcards of Great Britain, but over the years have managed to accumulate a reasonable number from other countries. Interestingly a bunch of Curteich, linen postcards were amongst my first acquisitions when I caught the postcard bug about 5 years ago, and it wasn't until I was doing a bit of organising recently that I re-discovered them. This one is of Point Lookout, East Windham, New York state, on the Mohican Trail in the Catskills. It was published by C.W.Hughes and Co., number 9A-H194.

This next postcard is of The Old Man of the Mountains by Moonlight, in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. This one does not have a publisher's name, but is numbered 132L

I'm very sure that these range and style of postcards cover many more subjects and states than I have found. The ones I've come across seem to be mainly topographic postcards of New York, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.

Visit my web site to see more vintage postcards of the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails