Complete Amazon Marketing System

Thursday 19 November 2009

Vintage Postcards of London

Having grown up on the outskirts of London, pretty much at the end of one of the tube lines, I've always had a fascination for the place. As Dr. Johnson said, "To be bored of London is to be bored of life" - a sentiment with which I wholeheartedly agree. Regardless of how many times I visit, I can always find something new and interesting to see. From the leafy suburbs of Hampstead and Highgate, through the boutiques and bistros of Primrose Hill, to the hustle and bustle of the city, it all has a certain appeal.


And of course, the vintage postcards of London are no exception. Naturally there are plenty of the more famous landmarks ... Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament, etc., but there are also many of what at the time would have been very separate areas, such as Putney, Richmond and Hampstead.

These range from some spectacular artist drawn postcards by the likes of Frank H.Mason, through to the more ordinary photographs of famous buildings.


For anyone interested, I have 100's of vintage postcards of London for sale.

Feel free to browse through my collection, where you'll also find vintage postcards from all over England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland, and also pages dedicated to vintage postcards published by Raphael Tuck, Frith and Valentine.

1 comment:

  1. Over on my blog I posted a card showing the Reception area of the K.S.C. Club in London. I don't know what K.S.C. stands for. I suspect the card is from the early 1960's. Can you help? Janet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails