Complete Amazon Marketing System

Sunday 22 November 2009

It's beginning to feel a bit like Christmas

Ok, well it's still November, and I must admit I do grow tired of hearing Christmas songs being played over the PA system in the local shop, and shelves stacked with Christmas goodies far too early in the year, but I've been fortunate to pick up another batch of vintage Christmas cards and vintage Christmas postcards. Just thought I'd post a few of my favourites here for others to enjoy.

This first one captures the magic of innocence Christmas that seems to so often be missing today, instead replaced by excess and consumerism.



This is probably one of my favourite vintage Christmas cards ... a black cat carrying the Christmas pudding. The card is held together with red chord and I would guess it dates back to the early 20th century.



And finally for this post, another vintage Christmas postcard, this time featuring Father Christmas/Santa Claus. This one is embossed, with golden colouring used in the indentations made by the embossed finish.



More vintage postcards can be found on my web site

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails